11/25/14

My dressing room is ALMOST complete. Almost.

First off I have to admit this. It's not done.  I need a new rug, which I have to buy. I am going to change out the curtains, and the art isn't right. Also, I haven't quite figured out what to do with my jewelry- which is still everywhere.....BUT. The "closet" part is done. Because it's so close to Thanksgiving, and then we just roll down the hill the Christmas (which I am totally unprepared for) this closet might not get the rug and curtains until after the holidays. I chose to "unveil" this room today though, because it's ALMOST there..... and it's useful again.

Here is where I showed you what this room used to look like....



and here is where I remind you that for the past 10+ years, THIS has been my closet. 3 ft wide and right off the dining room is the space I had my clothes in.... 

And now, this is my room...

See, I need a different rug.... The grey is boring, the red is too small... I might even change out that chair.... but it's really comfy so now it stays..... 


The art and pictures need to be changed around...... too busy. 

The boxes on the top shelf need to be changed out so they are all the same. The difference is killing me. BUT, they hold my house my out of season purses.....

BUT, I have room for my clothes, and when I put in the bottom shelf, all my shoes will also have a place to stay......

and, I kept my sewing machines in here, and behind the white curtain is a closet that houses my craft supplies. It all fit- it's just not that pretty. And the art is all wrong. 


So, even if I'm not quite done.... art, rug, shoe shelf.... I have closet/dressing room that is usable. and no longer an eye-sore.  It's better than it was before. 

Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments: