11/26/14

The half bathroom -

We have a rambly ranch house with tiny rooms.  The master bedroom has a 1/2 bath attached, that is also accessible via the pantry in the kitchen.  Yep. A Jack and Jill bathroom between the master and the kitchen  

It's TINY barely 4 ft wide and 5 ft long. Also, the walls are stucco. Yep. You read that right. I kept it because it reminds me of my Great Grandparents house- their walls were stucco.... very very expensive stucco- which this is not...but I digress.....

When we first moved in, there was a cabinet over the toilet that honest to God looked like a casket. It was HUGE, solid, and appeared very heavy. I was terrified to use the bathroom, thinking the thing would fall off the wall and kill me on the toilet. When we took it down, we found out how right I was, this giant wood box was held into the crappy walls by 4 screws. I am not even sure they were in studs. I think the layers of paint held it up. Also, the room had no trim and a gold sink cabinet. Pretty? No.

It's been many, many colors over the years. Turquoise, white,  according to my Mr. "fleshy" pink, green, and a horrid tan color.  I bought a new blind for the bathroom last week, and when I went to install it, the color-an ecru- made the walls look like vomit. HORRID. So, what did I do? Not return the shade and buy another color- oh no- that would have been too predictable..... I redid the bathroom. Painted, cleaned, new art, even a new toilet seat.  The Mr. went to deer camp, and I painted all night long..... and I'm pretty happy with it....


This is the only picture I could find of the bathroom before this weekend. I find this very hard to believe, as I have taken many, many pictures of  this house in the past 10 years, and good, bad and ugly, I have posted them.  Maybe, this bathroom is so small I just didn't feel like it was worth it.... but again, I find that hard to believe.  This is the "fleshy" pink the Mr. didn't like. You can hardly tell in this light, but it was pink. Technically, it was called "march ice" but whatever.... this is the before....

This is the bedroom it comes off of..... 


and this is my new bathroom ..... 





More pictures tomorrow!! 



No comments: