2/23/09

can you die of embarrassment?

My son and I were driving to the store. Target actually, he loves target. Calls it the big red store. I try to introduce him to all kinds of music right now- I would hate to have to listen to barney and mickey all day- and I think having some sort of appreciation for music as an art form is needed. We listen to everything from bluegrass to hard rock

A local station was playing a Stevie Ray Vaughn triple play- Tightrope, The House is a rockin', and Pride and Joy. Fantastic- I love SRV. We listened to all three and he was rockin out in his car seat. 30 minutes later and we were at Target.

Guess which of the 3 songs he decided to sing- at the TOP of his lungs- throughout Target?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your kids will make you die of embarrassment over and over again ... and the next minute you turn around and your little girl is almost 10 and rolling her eyes at all the jokes you used to tell her that made her roll on the floor laughing her ass off ...

Anne At Large said...

Ok honestly, if your kid's taste in music is that good, I say, just go with it and sing along. Just keep telling yourself, it could be Barney...