10/21/08

good news and bad news.....

So the good news is that I DON'T have pneumonia- yet. The bad news- it feels like I do.

I went to my Dr.'s yesterday. There were some really sick people there, and they all seemed to want to sit by me and cough- open mouth, no hand or hankie- and sniffle (which is a noise I hate more than anything else in this entire world- except maybe for sneezes) Anyway, I try to move away from all of them- sit by myself in a corner by the fish tank- and they kept moving towards me. Sneezing, sniffling and coughing- oh my!

My Dr. (who I don't particularly like, but seems competent so I let my personal feeling slide) said he didn't THINK I had pneumonia, but it could easily turn if I didn't get some rest and sleep. That would be easier said than done though, since I am coughing up a lung every 30 to 40 seconds. He gave me a breathing treatment and I have to go back on Friday if things don't get much better. I also got a rescue inhaler. yippie.

So my plan for today and tomorrow is to simply rest. Watch a lot of tv. Play with the boy. No cure work. No WT work. No work at all.

3 comments:

drwende said...

That is an excellent plan... rest really does help.

scb said...

keep resting, and take care of you!

thefarmersdaughter said...

thank you. It's been 14 days today. I feel awful. Going back to the Dr. tomorrow.