10/18/08

AT quiz- re done!!

Here is my AT quiz for the cure. I am starting on Monday- I am currently blogging from a hotel suite in Chicago! We went to the Field Museum yesterday- I was blown away by some of the collections (especially the arctic peoples items - especially the totem poles they were amazing!!!)

Favorites

List your favorite in each category:
Actress: Elizabeth Taylor- in everything- but especially "Butterfield 8" style for style reasons. Vivian Leigh. The red head from "boogie nights"
Actor: Guy Pierce. George Clooney,
Artist: I like "outsider" art more than anything else. I also love my brothers stuff- (he's at http://www.mojohand.com/)
Writer: Chuck Paulenik (spelling is wrong- he wrote Fight Club) I also just got a first edition of "lost Horizon" and read that for the first time and loved it.
.
Music: I like country music. So shoot me. Dixie Chicks, Melissa Lambert. Bad ass women singing.
Restaurant: I loved this place in Austin- Shady Grove for burgers, frys, etc.., the salt lick for BBQ, and there was this place growing up that was called the Casa Nova- cheesey 70 decor with great pizza, pasta and a "white"salad- iceburg lettuce, mozzarella cheese, ham, mushrooms and blue cheese dressing. .
Automobile: I want an old style pick up truck. But the new challenger is pretty cool, and I will always love jeep wranglers.
TV Show: CSI- Las Vegas not those other ones, Fringe, Lost, The Office
Clothing: I like J jill, Eddie Bauer, The Gap for certain stuff,
.
How would you describe your style? (3 words)
natural, organic, timelessness

Personal History

Where have you been? Everywhere. I was a nomad for over 20 years of my adult life.
Where you were born
: k-zoo .
Where you grew up: where I live now- well, close to it...
As an adult: Austin Tx, Phoenix Az, Houston Tx, Florida for a short time , Vail Co and Alaska for an even shorter amount.....
Whom would you consider a role model? I don't think I have one.
What three adjectives describe the qualities that you admire in this person?
I admire truthfullness, strength, calm headedness.

Apartment

What is the problem with your apartment: (3 words)?
un finished. cluttered, un clean



.

If your apartment could speak, what would it say is the problem? Step away from that computer! Don't just sit around, DO something!
What one thing would you like to do or do more of in your apartment? Not have to fix anything else.
Eight weeks from now, when this project is done, if friends came to visit, how would you like them to describe your home?
Welcoming
Fun
clean

Head
Does your home support everything you want to do? Yes, we have ample space for most everything we do, the layout is ok, not great but ok.

Do you use your home often?
yes, we rarely go out.
Is there room for everything you want to do at home? Isn't this the same as the support question?

Is there a good space for what is most important to you?
No, my office is a mess, there is kid stuff everywhere and I don't have a good place to paint of work on my dolls.

.
Heart
Do you consider your home beautiful? No, I think it's interesting and that is more important to me than "Beautiful" .
Do you feel you have a sense of style?
Yes, but I feel over the past 5 years it has changed very much- because of all that I have gone through and changed. I guess it's only to be expected.
.
Does your clothing express your style? More and more- but I also dress for what my life is now- running around doing errands in the snow in heels and a dress would be silly . I would like practical style.
Does your home express your style? Not everywhere, but it's okay. I have a husband and our styles are not similar at all. I can't just decorate to please myself.

.
Breath
Do you consider your home comfortable? mostly. I would like a more comfortable sofa- but not until the dog is gone and the kid is a bit older.
Do you sleep well at night? Yes. Well, as good as I can. I am a very light sleeper and am always aware of noises- even wind, rain, stuff like that....
Is your apartment organized? Yes, it is fairly well organized. There just is a lot of it
Is it easy to clean and declutter? Sometimes. It's harder due to the kid, dog, husband etc....
Bones
Do you consider your home to be in good shape? Better now that the drainfield is fixed for sure!!.
Is everything in good working order?
Mostly- I have a shower faucet issue right now.
,

Do you take care of repairs quickly? Depends how much it costs to fix.
Do you clean your home often? Depends on what's going on in my life. Yes, I do a tidy every night. Dishes every other day or so. Laundry every other day. Bathrooms, floors etc every couple of days. It's not bad- I think I'm cleaner than 60% of the US, and that really is good enough for me. I just need to pick up my craft stuff better. 1) because I tend to leave it out until the piece is finished, 2) because most of it is pretty dangerous and I need to make sure it's out of the boys reach.

No comments: