6/11/08

A snip snip here, and a snip, snip there....

I started work on the back yard today. The rain stopped this afternoon and probably won't be back for a few hours. I thought it would be nice getting the boy outside and I can't mow until it dries out. Here is what I started out with-


Here is what I finished with- I know, it doesn't look like a lot different does it? But here is what I prunned and cut out of the stand of trees and shrubs on the right of this picture-
I probably will get another pile like that ( or larger) out in the next few days. I have a second big pile on the upper part of the hill too. We are also starting to weed whip the hill, plant new grass, mow, take out the rest of the rotting steps and build the fence (which is what some of the garage sale money is going toward) We have a lot of of work to do- and if it doesn't stop raining soon we will be very far behind.

2 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Lots of great work.
You know exactly what to do. I'm envious of you confidence!

We've been having rain too, even hail, but thankfully nothing scary. It is making it a bit frustrating to get outside, even though my projects aren't quite at the same scale as yours.

thefarmersdaughter said...

we had 4 wheelbarrows of stuff to move! I got another pile out today and the lawn back there mowed. I have new pictures I will post tomorrow-