Last week Tuesday my back yard looked like this-
Monday it started to rain, Tuesday the river broke it's bank and started to flood my backyard. Now, thank the Lord, it's receding. Here is what it looks like now-
Piles of piles. I do have a lot less spring/summer clothes than winter stuff. I would like to say it's because spring/summer is shorter so I have less of a need. I would like to say that. I don't think it's true though. So here is my stuff. It's all good with exception of one or two pieces.
Skirts, pants, and jeans- There are 7 skirts total they are all staples except one- top right is a black and white skirt- I love this skirt. Top middle is a denim skort- again, it's great. Middle bottom are 2 black knit jersey stretch skirts. Both pencil type, they come right below my knee which for me is perfect. Top left is a black skirt, pencil type but a little short, to my knee- and I have really ugly knee caps (volleyball injuries) so this had to go I think. Bottom left are 2 skirts, a line, below my knee, they are identical one is solid brown, the other a brown print. I wear them later in the season when it gets to near fall.
4 Pair of Khaki pants. The two on the right side are both from Eddie Bauer. Flat front, straight leg, good length. Nice pants. The top left is a pair of dockers- they are ok. I would like them to be more of a straight leg or bootcut, but they are ok. The bottom left is a strange pair of khaki bootcut cargo pants from Tommy Hilfiger. They have this weird lace detail that I despise. I think they may be to tight too. They go into a pile to think about and probably will be sent away to be replaced with something less "girly" I mean, come on- lace cargo pants? There is a mystery shopping purchase.
I actually have 5 pair of jeans I like, but one is dirty right now. As you can see they are all dark, 2 are levis, one is a j jill, the other is gap. The missing pair are lees. They are all bootcut except the j jill and the gap pair- those are straight leg. The bottom right is the gap pair and I am less thrilled with them. I may move those to the not everyday wearing and to the odd jobs/dirty jobs pile.
Here are my jackets.
blue linen shirt/jacket
Jones NY dress jacket
Brown suit w/ pants above, and very very loud silk shirt that is about 10 years old. I wear it like a jacket over a white t shirt and either black pants or jeans. This is my favorite shirt/jacket of all time. It's an Eddie Bauer washable suede shirt. Black or course, with western styling and snaps. I bet I wear this 4 times a week. When it dies I will cry real tears.
This is the weird thing- when I took my jeans out of my closet, stuck to the back was this little doll. I made it- it's a little one I make for re sale. I just know I didn't put it in here. My son can't reach this high and my husband didn't do it either. How did it get in here? With it's hair stuck in bracket hole? How long has it been in here? Creepy..........
Apartment Therapy Spring Cure Week 4
- I have finished spackeling, priming and painting the boys walls.
- purchased a new curtain rod for his room, hung the new curtains to check for length ( I still have to sew them, they are just pinned up there for now.
- put new pictures in frames for him and for the rest of the house.
- planned the large wall in his room for his new African masks, paintings and artwork which I am in the process of framing (from a 1935 children's story book)
- cleaned out the old medicines from all over the house (there were more than I thought) and moved all medicine to a lock box on a high shelf of the linen closet for safety from a grabby 3 yr old
- transferred all my junk to a new purse
- brought up a new/old rug for the boys room and decided to go back to the large blue rug for the living room
- ordered a new cooking book for my Mom for my Dads new dietary requirements and some special books for my Mr. I love Amazon
I got a lot less done on Monday and Tuesday than normal because the MR. was sick at home with a cold and no voice (he's better and back at work today) so I had 2 babies to take care of.....
I have a huge list of things to do this week, but very little energy. Today is just general cleaning day- floors, laundry, bathrooms and kitchen. Maybe tonight I will bring up the rugs and secretary..... or maybe I will veg and watch tv.