It's Saturday so we just got our wardrobe therapy marching orders from Wende for the week. I am not going to pile today- just to busy, but I came to a horrible realization yesterday at Target and I thought I would start with that today.
I am old.
I was wandering Target with my son and we stopped at the Converse One Star shoe endcap. I have to confess that I love converse, but I don't much wear them anymore. Actually, I sold my last 3 pair on ebay a year ago. (They were the much loved by collectors old- made in the usa- kind and 2 pair had never been worn before. CHA CHING!) Anyway, they have silver glitter converse skimmers for women. The above picture is the darker glitter kind for kids- the woman's shoe is a brighter white silver glitter. (29.99 at target, but I can't find them on the website) I came to the conclusion that I am now to old to wear silver glitter tennis shoes. Breaks my heart like it did when I realized I can no longer wear a zebra patterned trench coat last year. I think at a certain point one has to leave that kind of fashion to others. I have reached that point.
I also have come to the conclusion that I don't know what my clothes really say about me. Sorry Wende, I really don't. I did manage to purchase 2 shirts yesterday, one a dark purple t shirt, the other a black and white linen shirt that has a bamboo pattern on it. It is a shirt jacket type thing and it looks great with a t shirt and casual pant or skirt. I'll do a pic when I do my piles.
Here is my list of stuff I did for Apartment Therapy Spring Cure from Wednesday to Today.
- brought the secretary up from the basement to work on for the boys room
- cleaned the living room, cleaned the old curtains, washed the slipcovers, brought the big blue rug up, cleaned the floors
- finished washing the windows (inside only)
- cleaned all the floors in the house
- put together the stuff we are going to put out to sell at the first antique market at the end of April with my parents.
- Fri. I went to a garage sale (first of the season) and then went to town to do some actual shopping. ( I did buy a vintage bentwood Thonet chair for 5 bucks though....)
- fixed the bull horns in my sons room so they look more like water buffalo
- measured for curtain hemming and for the shopping trip to Ikea
- Hurt my knee pretty badly (surgery? maybe)
- worked on the faux wood grain treatment I may be doing to the new secretary
- bought my sons birthday present from my parents (they asked me to pick it up when I went to town- it's Fisher Price digital camera for kids- he will LOVE IT)
that's it. I am going to try to finish the laundry room today if my knee holds out, and my Mr. will be working in the yard ,one of our planter boxes fell off the porch yesterday so we have a lot of work to do out there too.....Tomorrow we won't get anything done except shopping. I am taking my Mr. to Ikea tomorrow. He has never been before. Never been to Ikea. I can't get over this fact. This should prove to be interesting. He is not a very good shopper, so I have warned him how big this place is, and how long it will take..... and how much money we may spend. I hope he's up to it.