1/5/15

It's January- time to organize and purge.

At least, that's what everyone is saying.  I'm not going to lie, I'm purging my stuff. I have a very lofty goal of  removing 12 tubs of stuff (for either resale or charity) , and 12 large garbage bags of well, garbage.  I have removed 2 boxes and 2 bags so far this year. UPDATE  ...... My day has not been as productive as I had wished it to be It's hard to get done what I wanted to get done, and rein herd on the boy too. But, I got the computer desk cleaned, purged and organized. I still need to work on my desk and files....The total since I started this job is
8 large bags of garbage purged out of the house
3 large tubs and one small box of items that will go out for sale this spring
3 large bags of clothing to donate
3 bookcases
2 lamps
3 lamp shades

my goal was 12 bags of garbage/ donations  and 12 tubs of sale stuff. Now, if I can just get 24 bags/totes/tubs of stuff out of my house I'll be happy.




You can see that there is a big mess of stuff under this desk. We got a HUGE printer/scanner as a family gift. it still needs home. For now, it's on a table under my desk. That's not permanent, but I haven't quite figured out what I want either....


To reward myself, I'm thinking about what I can do to my tiny kitchen to perk it up. I love the color that I painted it ( Midnight Bayou from Valspar)  so that is staying. I like the white cabinets, and  my countertops are just fine, thank you very much...... so that sort of leaves decor items.  I can handle that..... here is some inspiration.

From here  . I love this. The open shelves, the interesting art, the pottery and metal basket. LOVE IT.


From Here.  The glass canisters really make an impression.

From Here    Wood. White. Plants. Enough said.

So, it's clear I'm looking at simple, white rustic kitchens.   I think it's time to pare down.   Science has told us that if we make choices from a menu of fewer options, we are happier with our choices.   I need to have fewer choices in my house.

Here is my kitchen, before I decide on any changes....



It could use a few improvements.  ( This was before my paint color change ) 


Be well.

No comments: