8/11/14

Is there a name for pre BEFORE pictures? It's time for a bedroom project!

My bedroom has been a source of anger and anoyment  for me since we moved in 10 years ago. At first we lived in the basement (long story....but it had to do with the heating system in this house) then we moved upstairs when we had the baby. ALL the rooms in this house are TINY. TINY. Wait, let me say that again...TINY. We have two 8x10 bedrooms, and ours is 10x11 (ish). Basically, they are bedsized bedrooms.

One of the small rooms is my sons, the other is a catch all room that changes all the time...a library? a playroom? an office? That little thing has never been right..... and I also plan on working on that this winter....but I can't get ahead of myself. This is about MY bedroom, and my hatred of it.

Hate is a strong word. I don't hate it all. I do hate some of it though.

Here are my "now" pictures.
(they are actually like my room is...I just threw the duvet on the bed and snapped...no "staging" or "cleaning" it is what it is....  This first picture is the view from the door..... oh wait, did I also mention that this room has two doors, two windows and one wall is the closet? Yes, all in less than 120 sq. ft. Throw the fact in that I have the WORLDS UGLIEST CARPET.... well..... now you get the picture.


The view from the bathroom door. Behind that acid trip fabric headboard is a window.  The tall dresser is mine, and I would love to find something similar but shorter. 


This is the view from the far corner looking out toward the hallway. The white curtains hide the Mr's closet. He keeps his clothes in here, mine are in the hallway closet. It was my idea, so calm down. He works outside the home for a living and has to dress nice for the job. He needs more room than I do. 


This is the view from the closet. The door in the corner goes to the 1/2 bathroom that is connected to this bedroom. There are two pieces of art on that wall. The black used to be up, the painting hanging is a test. 


Below is the view from the door when you first come in and shows the dressers. I would love to find a second smaller dresser to match this one...or even one that is similar so that both sides would have a smaller dresser/bedside table to use. .....  


I want to keep the dressers, the bed (queen is the largest we can have and still move around this room)  the lamp on the dresser  and the layout.......and that's about it. I prefer white bedding, but I might change my mind if I find something I like. The floor, the wall color, all the accessories are all up for grabs. 

This is my quest. I want to re do this room. I want to keep it very eclectic, but I do want to pare some of the stuff down. Think I can do it? 

I sure hope so. 

No comments: