11/11/12

organization

For those of you who don't know....I used to be with Franklin Covey. I helped people get organized.  Before that, I was a trainer with K B Toys- I trained managers and their staff on best practices and how to run their stores. Organization is kind of second nature to me. I need to find a plan and then "work the plan" so to speak.

I started volunteering this year at my sons school- a few hours every morning- doing some paperwork. Things that keep a teacher from teacher basically. It fits in with my skill set and I enjoy it. That said, I was finding myself stretched too thin at home. I try to get all my work done during the week so we can just be together on the weekends, and that wasn't happening. With the holidays approaching I knew it was only going to get worse, so I decided to make myself up some lists, goals and an organization plan for next year.

First up, I needed a daily "chore" list. I looked at what I need to do during the week, and what I can get done and came up with this.

Chore List

Daily
AM
-make the beds
-pick up all the dirty laundry- towels, clothes etc...
-do 1 load of laundry (we have a septic so I don't like to do more than 2 a day anyway)
-wipe down the bathroom- sink, shower and toilet.
PM
-Either load the dishwasher OR rinse the dirty dishes so they are ready to load
- clean the kitchen counters
-pickup loose items, get the boy to clean up his toys and books
-clean off the table triad- dining, living and computer

I add the daily job to this list-
Monday- shopping
Tuesday- Clean toilets and tubs
Wed. - Vacuum and sweep and dust
Thursday- deep clean the kitchen - cabinet fronts, refrigerator, pantry
Friday- clean the walls, doors and baseboards. Look for those pesky spiderwebs.
Sat/Sun are for pulling bedding for washing and putting away any clean clothes that haven't been put away during the week.

Next, I started work on a 25 week organizational cleaning list for the house. I figure that my daily list takes me about two hours to accomplish so I would have a few hours to work on a whole house organization project every day.  I want to have a weekly project that will take anywhere from 2 to 10 hours to accomplish. I figure if I have 25 of them, mid year I will just start the list again and then I should be completely done by the end of the year.

Well, more about that soon. It's almost done and hopefully will have it's own page this year.

Later.

No comments: