8/12/12

Well, I knew it would be bad.....

but it's been almost a week now and I didn't expect his pain to last this long. The surgery went well, but he's still in a lot of pain and sleeps most of the day. Upright is difficult. I feel sorry for him. He didn't expect this.

Our little village had our first "Riverdays Festival" yesterday. I have been on the board this past year setting this up. It went fantastic. I had a flea market. It POURED down rain on Wed, Thursday and Friday so I had some pretty low expectations. I set up the field in a rainstorm. I put up the signs in the rain. I had to find a secondary location for the Churches mobile home and trailer that they brought for their charity sale since it would have SUNK in ground.

Saturday (flea market and festival day) was beautiful! Sunny, 70's. I couldn't have asked for anything nicer. We had a great village breakfast table and pancake eating contest, a HUGE parade, people came and set up at my flea market and I had TONS of people come down and buy! The church did a chicken BBQ and kids games that were a huge hit and we had a very large softball tournament. Add to that, the resturant did a great pig roast and beer tent and we had a big band come in and play last night. I was supposed to work the beer tent last night, but the Mr. just wasn't well enough to be left alone so I missed out- but not next year!

Hopefully I'll have pictures soon!

later

4 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

I'm so glad that went well. You have amazing organizing skills. You deserved to have everything go so well, especially if things are a bit out of sorts at home. Please pass on my sympathy to your MR. I hope the pain subsides soon. Really soon.

thefarmersdaughter said...

thank you. The Mr. is still in so much pain. We have to call the Dr. in the morning. He can't have this....

Anne At Large said...

Well I am glad to hear you're out of that but I hope the Dr. has some idas to help your Mr. with all this pain, that doesn't sound so good. Keep us updated, fingers crossed for everything to be fine. Sometimes you just need to get the prescriptions adjusted.

Anne At Large said...

ideas. grr.