6/22/10

Boys bedrooms

why do kids rooms in decor magazines and online sorta suck? I am not the mural kind of gal- or shabby chic.... kids rooms need to show their personality more than their moms and they need storage- kids come with lots of gear.  And why do they mainly do girls rooms online and in deco mags? Don't boys need good design too? I mean, if they don't learn what they like and what looks good together aren't we dooming them to a life of "dogs playing poker" art and milk carton furniture?

I laugh when I see the kids rooms in magazines- how long does it stay clean? As long as they are taking pictures.....

These are pics that I love, that I think show good design and more importantly, are for BOYS......
From the Dwell catalog....


From Elle Decor

apartment therapy- the mural, the adult chairs, the colors are all fantastic.

I have no idea where this came from- but the mobil/planes on the ceiling are fantastic

maybe a pottery barn catalog?  I just love the globes hanging from the ceiling and the maps on the walls...

No comments: