11/4/09

The sewing room project


BEFORE picture of the sewing room
Originally uploaded by thefarmersdaughter





First off, it was really messy. Second- it reminded me of a bunker. So, I removed everything and the Mr. painted the floor-




Then I painted the wall green. I had the paint already- it's a gallon of mistint I got for 5 bucks. Then I put some of the stuff back in, but edited. A desk and table for my sewing, some lamps. A painting. Now I have to think about storage and start work on the wall across from the desk. That wall is going to be paneled and painted white with shelves and a rod.



5 comments:

Colleen said...

what a difference the fresh paint makes!

LOJO said...

it's going to be even better when the other wall gets finished- no more military bunker!

Alana in Canada said...

Fantastic progress! I guess you are feeling better. Can't wait to see the other wall. The organization is what is going to make this room functional.

cowgirl in wellies said...

Room looks great! I'd love to have a table, much less a room, just for sewing.

LOJO said...

thanks. This room used to be a woodworking room for the last home owners. It was gross when we moved in, but it's getting more room-like with each day!