1/19/09

It's good to try new things....

When I posted about the deer being on my front porch, I neglected to post the picture. Earlier that day I had this in my back yard....I think you can only see 5, but there were a total of 6 of them down there.

Then, the next morning we had this....



See near the bottom middle? That is a deer track. The post is my porch fence- this deer had to go up 2 steps to put his little footsie there, he then went to the door and turned around, he never even bothered to knock.....

The good thing about cold, nasty weather? The chance to do things inside that are new. I decided to test myself with some new paintings. This first one had a one, two, three ,rule. One brush, 2 hours to do it, and 3 paints (white,blue, and black) It also had to be in a style that I don't normally paint in. This one is aboriginal in style...

This one was just a 2 hour test, in the style of the illustrator Phil Frost. I call it "angry bird"

Oh, another gratuitous picture of pizza that I made when it was cold outside.... tonight it's shrimp and veggies with a spinach salad

4 comments:

drwende said...

If you ever have an urge to sell the fish, point me to where it's priced. I can't promise to be able to afford it, but I'd certainly want a crack at trying.

thefarmersdaughter said...

Wende, If my husband didn't have dibs on it I would- he said I couldn't sell it!

Anonymous said...

I think you are on to something with your paintings! I like both, but especially enjoy "angry bird."

That pizza looks great! Is it made with the dough from your grocer? Publix usually has pizza dough for sale, which I really should try.

thefarmersdaughter said...

yes , the pizza dough comes "from the grocers freezer" as they like to say. It really is so simple- and I get to make a pizza in less than 20 minutes!

Thanks for the comments on the paintings. I used to paint, then gave it up, but I found that I missed it.