My day is like this
- wake up and 3 days a week get the kid dressed and out the door for pre school. He's gone for 3 hours. I still haven't figured out what to really do with those 3 hours per day. Friday I went out and did a little shopping. Usually I just go home and drink more coffee and love the peace and quiet.
- I clean the house, do the dishes, do the laundry, go grocery shopping, do the yard work and cook all the meals. None of these jobs require an outfit nicer than jeans and a t shirt. I paint with the boy, cut out construction paper stuff, play games, and do "homework" . These jobs also require a certain casual clothing option.
- I sell vintage denim and mid century stuff on Ebay. Again, no reason to dress. Where I go to find this stuff requires me to dress very, very badly.
- I make my art. This actually requires some really crappy clothes that I am willing to sacrifice daily as some of the stuff I work with stains.
My problem is that not only do I stay at home, but I come from a family that always changed into comfy clothes the minute we walked through the door. My husband is the same. So even if we all went out and went somewhere- the first thing we do getting back home is dive into sweatpants and t shirts. Jeans and t's if we think we are going back outside to the yard. We don't stay in our nicer clothes longer than we have to. I never wear shoes in the house. So, it feels like I stay in my PJ's all day long- even if they technically aren't.
I can't change that. But it makes me feel sloppy and unkempt. So, I have a few things to work on.
1. I have to get nicer "comfy" house clothes. Maybe stuff that matches. Throw out the stuff that's close to being rags- stained, stretched, etc....
2. work on my "outside" clothes. I need items that are appropriate to the weather, but pulled together and nice. Colors, some patterns (plaid?) . Items that are easy but nice.
3. Shoes. A big problem I have is the flip flops. There is nothing sloppier and lazier than flip flops. But I have feet issues- arch and lymph issues. I have a fine line to walk there. No heels, no "dress shoes", but nicer, actual shoes are what I need.
4. Fit. I am in between sizes. I am way different on the top than the bottom. I am going to work on finding clothes that work with my fit. I started yesterday by going clothes "trying on". Notice I did not say shopping. I was looking at different cuts, sizes, colors and patterns. It's a pain, but it really has to be done.