9/30/08

Sarah Palin is a post turtle

I saw this in another blog (political) I visit. Being from Texas, I recognized the story-it's a generic joke - it's one that gets told just about every election about someone- I just think that this time it is appropriate. And funny. I don't intend to post much else about the elections here-but I couldn't help myself!

Sarah Palin - The Post Turtle

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from being President.

The old rancher said, ' Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle.' Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was.

The old rancher said, ' When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle.'

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain.

' You know she didn't get up there by herself, she doesn't belong up there, she doesn't know what to do while she is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there to begin with.'

6 comments:

drwende said...

Perfect.

Watching her interview with Katie Couric was like judging the kind of high school debate round where a moderately smart junior-year team goes up against the cute little frosh who didn't develop their own briefs.

I'm willing to believe Palin could be ready to be President in 20 years or even in 12, if she wanted to do the work. Right now, she's not inspiring me with confidence.

thefarmersdaughter said...

what was worse was the interview last night- the one where she brought along McCain. It looked like she brought her dad to help out with a bully- or worse- it looked like bring your daughter to work day.
It was embarrassing to me- as a woman especially- and painful to watch. I find myself feeling sorry for her now- not sorry enough to vote for her- but sorry for all the same.

drwende said...

I was just reading about that interview. OMG. OMG. She doesn't know when her answer doesn't match the platform, and he interrupts her answers because she's not doing it right.

Whatever competence she might have, it's being undermined.

thefarmersdaughter said...

when I looked at the interview(s) again, I have decided it's not that the answers she gives are wrong- it's that I don't think she understands the questions. I don't know which is scarier....

Colleen said...

she makes my brain hurt.

drwende said...

Awright, lorijo, you did extemp -- Palin reads "all of" the news sources?!?!?!

She couldn't even name the NY Times or her local newspaper?

And now I have stuck in my head, to the tune of "Gina Is a Punk Rocker," "Sarah is... a post turtle. Sarah is... a post turtle."