6/26/08

I had to redecorate something....

I worked on the hillside again yesterday (another 2 wheelbarrows full of brush) and managed to to get into a large clump of something I am allergic to- mainly because the hillside is full of whatever this nasty thing is. I think it's a relative of the nettle family (which to my horror I also have a ton of) but it's giving me a horrid contact allergy. My son is also allergic to something out there, so we are staying inside (mostly) for a few days.



I decided to re do the fish tank. We told the boy if he didn't mess with the tank we would get him fish. ( I just kept having thoughts of him pulling it over onto himself etc... he's only 4 you know) He has (for the most part) left it alone, so next week we are getting him goldfish. I kept large fantails when I was in college (one got to the size of my hand) so I feel comfortable keeping them now. Here is the old tank -( this was this winter and the bar/table wasn't complete yet either....)and the new, improved one......

I still want to put a t valve in the secondary pump so that I can get one of those tacky pirates that come up out of a trunk for Max. He likes those things....

2 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

oh, you're such a good Mom. Kids that age LOVE fish--and I just couldn't do it. Maybe if I had, we wouldn't have Mr. Destructo dog, now. Good luck with your new venture. And I hope your allegic reaction settles down. Yuck. Round up was made for just such occasions.

thefarmersdaughter said...

I would need a tanker truck of round up for the hill-besides it's too close to the watershed. I have to remove all of this stuff by hand-no chemicals. The hillside ranges between 15 and 25 feet high and is about 100 feet long- it goes between my usable yard and the marsh. I can tell a long, long time ago it was planted by former owners- there are iris and peonies and poppies under all the weeds and grapevines....