Here I removed all of his cowboy stuff.
- We took down the shelf system on the one wall and put up a new shelf system on a smaller wall. The shelf system we put up was recovered from the kitchen and the shelf system we took down is going to be re used in the mud room.
- I took the large dresser out of his room and replaced it with a smaller one. The large dresser is going into my sewing room. The smaller one was already in our storage room. I just used paint that I already had to fix it up.
- I took a few old books and framed the pictures for the art in his room. The books I had, the frames I had to buy.
- I put up new lighter colored curtains. I made them from Ikea sheets and hung them with rings I already owned. I did need to purchase a new wooden rod though
- I made a few things out of some fabric- a small curtain to put over his toy shelves, and some furry fabric to make the bull horns look more like water buffalo.
- I bought him new pillowcases. 6 to be exact. He sweats a lot out of his head and I need to change them almost daily when it's warm.
- new lanterns for nightlights.
- we bought him material to make a tent for his safari styled room, but didn't put it up due to the safety issue.
Here is the dollar breakdown.
- Ikea sheets for curtains- 6.00
- Ikea tent stuff 5.00
- wood curtain rod 8.00
- asst. frames 20.00
- Nightlights 10.00
- linens (pillowcases) 11.00
- fabrics-horns etc 5.00
Total - 65.00
Living roomTotal $ footstool 15.00
I tried out a new backsplash color, but in the end just painted it white. I had all the paint already on hand that I used. I cleaned, threw out old food, and organized.
Total- 50.00 for kitchen cart ( I had the paint)
I bought a mat for a print I framed using frames I already had. I put up my summer curtains and sheers. I cleaned.
Total $ mat for picture 6.00
I repainted the entire room, cleaned, organized, we built the new wall for the heat vent.
I cleaned and organized them. I didn't do anything much because this summer the main bath is getting re done- new floor, lights, sink and cabinet (all of which I already have) I bought a light on final clearance for 20.00, the cabinet and sink were on clearance for 30.00 (or 35.00 I can't remember) and the flooring is leftovers from the kitchen. I have plenty of paint to repaint too...but I am not counting the fixtures for the cure since they are still in the garage.
SO my fall cure total was 176.00 spent. That's mainly on the footstool, cart, 6 pillow cases, 4 panels of curtains and a wall. Less than I had thought. I was lucky that I was able to re use so much stuff that I already had, and that I have an awful lot of building materials and supplies already. I think that I pulled about 500.00 worth of garage sale stuff out this time around so we'll see how that works out in June. I am pleased with the results. Because I got all the deep cleaning and organizing done so soon this year, I can do more of this......