1/22/08

What do I do all day?

I get that question everyday. It's usually phrased "so- what did you do today?" and I think my Mr. just wants to know I had a good day- but that question is asked of me daily. So- I thought that I would write down what a semi normal day is for me.

I get up about 9 to 9:30. My boy lets me sleep that late most mornings, and yes, I know I am lucky. I have a cup of coffee (or 3)-get the boy a milk or yogurt an oatmeal breakfast cookie and a banana- and watch the news,( because I am a huge news junkie) and plan my day. I have planners, but I use large post it note stuck to my computer usually. I don't usually prioritize my list- I know what's really important.
Yesterday I had a pretty productive day and this is what I did
  • I did the dishes
  • I cleaned the kitchen- this included the pantry, the floor, the cabinets, the sink and the countertops.
  • 1 load of laundry
  • dusted the entire house- even the bedrooms
  • made my boy lunch- he is on the hotdog, cheese, goldfish, and apple diet right now ;)
  • cleaned my bedroom
  • cleaned my sons room,put away some wipes etc
  • vacuumed the entire house
  • patched some nail holes in the hallway ( I am re doing my picture walls) and painted those patches when they dried
  • I made dinner (homemade enchiladas -with homemade chili sauce-with corn and a mexican salad as a side dish )
  • did about 4 puzzles with my boy (he loves puzzles)
  • colored and did general play with my boy
  • my boy also "helped" with the vacuuming and the dusting.

Today was messed up from the git go. We had a huge snowfall last night (and continuing now) and my Mr. put his car in the ditch this morning going to work. After I got the call at 7:30 to get him a tow truck number-my routine changed dramatically. (He is ok and so is the car) but that's ok. I don't have a hard and fast routine and it can be changed depending on circumstances.

3 comments:

scb said...

I'm tired just reading about it. But I'd like to do puzzles with you and your little boy -- I like puzzles, too.

drwende said...

One thing we quickly learn is that cleaning your home actually is a lot to do!

When we had a two-bedroom, two-bath apartment, the husband seriously believed I could clean it in an hour, two at the outside. Then he tried, and at the end of the weekend, he still wasn't done.

That's not a pitch for smaller houses so much as for recognizing that housekeeping can require a good deal of time and effort.

Colleen said...

hey I see a kitchen I recognize on the January Jumpstart contest page. looks great!

I hate housekeeing...