12/19/07

Pirates

My son loves pirates. He especially loves the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. They are way to old for him and parts scare him - but he's distractable at this age so we just turn his head and make it a game for those parts. No nightmares yet! So I have spent about 8 or 9 hours of my life (that I can't get back) watching Johnny Depp swish about the screen . Don't get me wrong, I actually like these movies. They aren't art house movies for sure, but I like a good sword fight. And if I can just ignore the condition of every ones teeth in the movie I can have a good time watching them. And then there's this


To quote Will Farrell in Taladega Nights "Dear sweet baby Jesus". I find Orlando Bloom to be yummy.

My husband and I have a game in which we have a small list ( 3) of celebrities we would leave each other for. Mine are George Clooney, John Cusak and Orlando Bloom. Don Johnson used to be on the list but he got old. So did I of course, but this is my fantasy list damn it! I can't remember who is on my husbands list except that one of them Marie Osmond. (I just nodded and smiled at that one. )

6 comments:

drwende said...

Adrien Brody.




oh. I just looked up his Wikipedia entry, and it turns out he's the spokesmodel for my very favorite brand of clothing. So I guess he's the celebrity I'd most like to have DRESS me with his eyes.


Val Kilmer used to be on the list, but he Aged Badly.

Colleen said...

hee hee. my husband had Melanie Griffith on his list. MELANIE GRIFFITH?!?! I think I'm insulted...everyone on his list was blonde, and I'm a redhead...

Pierce Brosnan has been on my list since Remington Steele days. I love him!

thefarmersdaughter said...

I met Val Kilmer years ago in a grocery store in Santa Fe. To say he didn't age well is an understatement. So very very sad. I agree with both Adrien Brody and Pierce Brosnan.(especially after that movie where he played a thief where he stole that painting- the name escapes me now- it was a remake)
And MELANIE GRIFFITH? I'm with you on that one she has had way to much bad plastic surgery.....oh well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

scb said...

@Lorijo -- "It takes a thief"? Remake of a Cary Grant movie. If Cary Grant was still alive...

I'm sooooo not with it, as far as current movie/music people go...

thefarmersdaughter said...

No, now I remember, Pierce Brosnan was in Thomas Crowne affair with Rene Russo. He was super good looking in the film!

Alana in Canada said...

I like a good looking older man. Off the top of my head: Sean Connery, Sean Bean, and Patrick Stewart. (His voice. Oh, his voice! And I like bald.) I guess I like them from over the pond, too!