12/16/07

Late night Sunday night

It's going to be a late night for me, I have an IVP, mammogram and chest x ray tomorrow morning so tonight I have to "cleanse". An IVP checks for growths in your liver, and to do that effectively, your colon has to be empty. I hate this. I have to drink this nasty stuff which makes me want to puke, and then it just goes downhill from there. Plus, I can't eat anything and I am starving. Worst of all- no coffee in the morning. Thank God I have to be at the hospital at 10am and so by noon I'll be sitting eating a big hamburger.

I have to have these every year. This year I am sort of concerned as I have been having some stomach pains and backaches, and for someone with my past condition neither is a good thing. Of course, sometimes a backache is just a backache. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Good luck! I hope the most you need is a chiropractor and ibuprofen.

drwende said...

Good luck! And best wishes through the cleansing misery.

scb said...

Hope all goes well! You'll be in my thoughts.

CQ in DC said...

thinking of you- hope you've has your hamburger by now!