12/16/07

Late night Sunday night

It's going to be a late night for me, I have an IVP, mammogram and chest x ray tomorrow morning so tonight I have to "cleanse". An IVP checks for growths in your liver, and to do that effectively, your colon has to be empty. I hate this. I have to drink this nasty stuff which makes me want to puke, and then it just goes downhill from there. Plus, I can't eat anything and I am starving. Worst of all- no coffee in the morning. Thank God I have to be at the hospital at 10am and so by noon I'll be sitting eating a big hamburger.

I have to have these every year. This year I am sort of concerned as I have been having some stomach pains and backaches, and for someone with my past condition neither is a good thing. Of course, sometimes a backache is just a backache. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

Good luck! I hope the most you need is a chiropractor and ibuprofen.

drwende said...

Good luck! And best wishes through the cleansing misery.

scb said...

Hope all goes well! You'll be in my thoughts.

Colleen said...

thinking of you- hope you've has your hamburger by now!