11/4/07

chairs 39, 40, 41, and 42

Yep, I realize this is a picture of 2 chairs. But today was cold and I didn't want to walk out onto my back deck to take a picture of the other side where the 2 matching chairs are placed.

What you are looking at here is a black Umbra Oh chair- I have 2 of these that I purchased in a goodwill in Texas for 2 bucks each (they go for like 40- which I don't really understand since they are just plastic chairs with metal legs) and 2 vintage butterfly chairs. One is this orange, and one is a natural canvas. Every year I replace the canvas since they tend to rot outside. The frames are rusted open- because I never move them inside. Just to lazy I guess.... I get the canvas seats at thrift stores usually- although I have gotten a few replacements over the years at places like target.

The black Umbra chairs are about 6 or 7 years old I would guess, I have had them for over 5 years. The black has kinda faded from the sun over the years, this year I painted them with Matte Black Fusion Plastic paint and it has really helped them look clean and fresh.
I also have 4 benches out here on this deck with 2 tables.

When I first started this blog I thought that I had 46 chairs, I have more than that, I think it's closer to 49 or 50. At least I'm getting to the end of listing MY chairs, and can go on to fun chairs that DON'T belong to me in the near future.

No comments: