1/9/17

Laundry room, then and now.

This was my old laundry room.  This was looking from my kitchen area through what was once an exterior door, into a shoddily constructed add on laundry/mud room / garage area. Seriously, it tilted to one side. It was tiny. (less than 12 feet deep) I tripped once and put my hand through the wall. When we demo'd this, 40 years worth of critters and ant debris made everyone want to gag. It was horrible. It is gone. 





We blew it out. this shot is looking from the (new) far back wall (and new bathroom) towards the house. Instead of maybe 12 feet, it's closer to 30 feet long now. 


I decided shiplap was the best wall finish for this area.... (this pic was taken in the laundry area towards the new bath area) 

Which I had to paint white of course 
It needed a matching floor to the rest of the house...

and a new, interior door.... 

(the number 9 behind the door was from my grandpa's gas station) 
the ceilings are low in this room (7 ft) due to the roof pitch... I got that beadboard cabinet for a steal! 


 This is the view from the laundry room to the bathroom.... 

the bathroom is my Mr. s  It's what he likes to call farmhouse industrial. It's not 100% done yet.... the shower is in, the toilet is in, both work... he just needs to attach the sink faucet and drain and hang a mirror, and do the floor trim... but he's been laid up with a shoulder injury... 


The poles hanging from the ceiling for my hangers and clothing are handicapped grab bars I got at our local habitat for humanity for a couple bucks... they work great and hold a ton.  The coat rack on the right is gone now. It didn't work out. Too big.  It's still narrow. But I had to keep my garage...so we could only take so much space....but this works. It's much better than before. 





This is the last part. It's off to the right when you enter the laundry room, and has a door out to the garage. It was wasted space before...but now it's home to my Brasilia mirror I bought for 11 dollars. It's HUGE. It's HEAVY. This is the only place it can go. Under it, is a bench we built, and under the bench is the cat litter area.... so not wasted space any longer..... 





So there is what I have right now. I would take a final picture, but I'm doing laundry...and it's real life messy...... Maybe tomorrow. 



1 comment:

Colleen said...

The shiplap looks great! Love the updates.