1. Sleep earlier, rise earlier - get off my phone, get off my tablet, stop watching Adult Swim at 11 pm. Just go to sleep. I will not hit the snooze button 11 times. I will just wake up.
2. Read more -not just blogs and magazines... well I'll read them too. But I am going to read. Fiction, non fiction. For adults, with adult themes, not just YA, although there's nothing wrong with that.....Newspapers (what are those? ) More reading.
3.. Eat well - and I don’t mean diet. I mean, eat well. Eat healthy, eat differently. Go to cafes. Eat farm to table if you want, but eat well. Try new things. Work on portion sizes. Don't eat crap just to eat.
4. Give myself one hour of me time weekly to take care of myself.... use leave in conditioner, use a face mask....shave my legs higher than the knee..put on nice smelling lotion and comfy pajamas. Don't just hide out in the bathroom behind a locked door to read my email.....
5. Put in an effort in how I look -do my hair, put on clothes that aren't just a t shirt and jeans (or worse- yoga pants and t shirt, a simple coat of mascara and lip gloss.... I know it'll make me feel better.
6. Learn new VOCAB - because why the fuck not? Write down your new words that you learn while reading, use them in conversations- I'm not too old. Learn ALL the new things!
7. Plan an outing once a month - have something to look forward to, to be excited for. Experience
8. Set small goals - 3 small things to do every day, and don’t sleep till you have them done.
9. Meet new people - don’t be so quick to judge. Not everyone is an asshole. Even if some days it feels like it.
10. My art - practice makes perfect. Just do it! and when you can’t do it, learn. Discover artists and their pieces, their inspirations, their style. Try new things, new styles. Do something every single day- even if it's just a sketch of something I want to do later.....
2015. It's a new year, why be content with the old things! Keep the good, change the bad.