2/2/12

The office project

It's coming along nicely. I'm actually almost done, and I can't believe it myself. Gone is this...

and this....

and I now have this....


I still need art above the sofa...but I'm not sure what I want yet...


I organized the wall of shelves... and although it's hard to believe looking at the sheer amount of stuff here- I purged two Rubbermaid tubs full of stuff...


This is the corner with the craft closet ( I organized that..but I still need to purge some of those supplies)


and, although this isn't cute, it's organized and functional. The tv is huge. It's for my son to watch his movies on and for us to play Wii...but I'm considering buying a flat screen for in here now since I spent almost nothing on this make over.

I spent......5 dollars making over this room. One gallon of mis tint paint that I had actually purchased for my sons bedroom but ended up not needing. I had everything else....the sofa was the old one from the living room, the denim cover has been living under my bed for a year..the curtains are the old ones from my blue bedroom that ended up being stored away when I painted that room green.

There is some changed I'd like to make. I would like a different sofa or chairs in here. Maybe this summer. The sofa works fine though. As I said before, I would like a new tv that takes up far less space. I would like a second chair in here...and maybe some floor pillows. I think I will wait though and see what I want in a week or two.

It's enough now that this room is clean, organized and useful. We have been in this room more in the past two days than in the entire year prior.

Pretty good for a gallon of paint and around 10 hours of work!

No comments: