1/20/12

Some things you can live with.....

and some things you can't. It's just a case of picking your battles. I can live with dusty floors- even carpet with dead fern leaves on it for a while at least. I can live with a dining room table that has piles on it (not forever mind you...but a while) I can live with my sons room being a sty. He's 7, it's normal....but I CANNOT stand a dirty kitchen.

Last night I went to bed without cleaning it. I was tired, drained from taking care of the boys. I wanted to shower and sleep. So, this morning I was greeted with this....

I have to remember not to do that again-in a kitchen this small you just have to stay on top of things...... I just about heaved at 6 30 this morning. It was tough making breakfast and the home lunch for the boy. I had trouble getting to the coffee maker. I had no sink space. It was gross. At least all the food was put away properly last night so I didn't have to deal with garbage too....

1 hour later and I have this...


Counters, cabinets, walls and floors all washed and clean. Dishes in the washer put away and the machine re loaded. Sinks scrubbed out. Microwave cleaned out and stove top polished.  It would have taken me less time but I straightened out the pantry too, and re did the corner area where my calenders are AND did the filing!  A productive morning if I do say so myself....

now, on to the laundry!

Fantastic Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Alana in Canada said...

I love your kitchen--it is so full of life. An hour? I'm envious.

Our kitchen looks a lot like your befores right now--everyone here has a touch of something and here I am avoiding it all. Oh ell, I guess it's time to get off my tush and do something about it. Thanks.

thefarmersdaughter said...

Remember, it's tiny. I have the worlds smallest non apartment kitchen I have ever seen. Plus, I work fast. Always have. My husband is always stunned....

here's hoping you stay well!