1/6/12

2012- so far, so good.

Today is the 6th of January, so according to my self imposed rule of removing 5 items per day from my home,  I should have gotten rid of 30 items. I am actually at 42 items. I took a HUGE bag of karma to the Goodwill yesterday- kids clothes and mens dress clothes mostly. I haven't even started on my stuff and household extras. Bonus, I am finding out what we really need to replace. It's such a win-win.


The second part of my resolution was to eat better. That too, has been good this week. No fast food at all. No take outs, not even coffee so far, although I am not against that really- I drink regular coffee with some cream- no huge whipped frap things.  I have cooked all week long. Lasagna, hamburgers (with beef from our cow), pork chops (from our pig) and last night I cooked for my parents too and made beef broccoli stir fry (again, from our cow). Tonight I'm making us tacos. I am even going to make the pico...... PLUS my parents are going to visit my Aunt (today) and I sent them with 3 containers of home made food to give her- chili, beans and hocks and turkey noodles. My Mr. even took lunch to work with him one day this week (out of only three there...) so that's better than normal. He eats at the University often due to his work with groups so I know he eats very well there and they make everything from scratch too.... so really one or two days is all he needs and he can keep out of McDonalds....

Everyone have a great weekend. We're off to a hockey game tomorrow and to help the Mr. move into his new offices.....

1 comment:

Alana in Canada said...

Sounds fabulous, Lori-Jo. How wonderful to have your own cow and pig butchered for you. Here's to another week of good eating and decluttering!