11/19/11

wow. What a week.

We had a short week due to deer hunting season starting Tuesday- or as the school likes to call it "safety day". The kids got Monday and Tuesday off this week- supposedly so that kids waiting for the bus didn't get shot to death on Tuesday by stupid downstate hunters who mistake them for a deer. Yea, we don't buy it either. But, it's some time off. 
Monday the Mr. had a procedure done at the big hospital in bigger city. He might need surgery next year. Probably actually. We'll know more later next month. Then I got 4 new tires so I don't slip off the road this winter. I love my Vibe, but 8lb 6 ounce baby Jesus- those tires are expensive!

I painted the dining room too. It's a blue/grey now. I primed it last year and then lost all interest in following through with the actual paint job. I love this color- but it changes a lot depending on the light. In some pics it looks very dark- but it's not. This is a very light color and I love it in the room. In some pics not as much.....




This is what it looked like before. I was super tired of the orange wall and painted that a greige color first.

I forgot to get true before pics...here is where stuff has been moved and colors tried and I started to cut in the paint....

Funny story. That built in wall thing actually has a mirror back that years ago I painted. I took off the trim to hand a picture over it since then, and the drywall is a bit...gape-y around it. I'll fix it soon but it's covered up now.....Well, when I was painting around it today I looked through the hole in the wall I saw two eyes looking back at me. I just about peed my pants...then I realized that they were MY eyes...the mirror must be bigger behind that than I knew....



Here is one of the reason for the color change. I brought up my vintage medical cabinet to use up here. I love it, it's odd I know, but then again, so am I.

see how the far wall and the door wall look different? That's the light. It's more like the door wall- less baby blue more grey in the dining room.


I like it with my floor. I have to put that trim up and the electric outlet cover though.

More when I put the room together. It needs to cure now.....

2 comments:

scb said...

Great work! I especially love the vintage medical cabinet. That is so COOL! I want one. I know, I have nowhere sensible to put it. I don't care. It's cool.

Alana in Canada said...

Wah, I want a vintage medical cabinet now, too! I hope hubby is OK: "procedures" sound scary. Love the new wall. I want to see more pics!