1/31/11

The ruins of Detroit.....

I have always wanted to do urban exploring, and with Detroit in my backyard there couldn't be anywhere better- or more dangerous- to try that hobby. I though, am a chicken. With a vagina. That I don't want to share. It's just not safe. So I have to live vicariously through people who go into abandoned buildings and take photographs. Some of the best I have ever seen are here

Yves Marchand and Romain Meffre took 5 years and documented the horrible state of some of Detroit's most beautiful buildings. Some look like all the people just left at lunch and never came back....

These pictures are amazing and heartbreaking. Go take a look for yourself......
United Artists Theatre.
As for me, I know I've been bad about updating. Life has gotten in the way. I'll be better after my birthday. I promise.

Really.

No comments: