10/30/10

Weekend links

stuff I've read, liked, looked at, thought about.....
                                                 news....
As everyone knows, or should know, Tuesday  November 2 is Election day.  Mid terms are always a tough road for the party that is in the majority- this year it's even worse. I am a big Rally for Sanity girl... and I vote democratic. Although I'm not hugely impressed so far with what our democratic government has been able to do, I know what I find important is not in the Republicans vocabulary. I'll be voting- it's important that we all do! 

Being in Michigan, Devils night in Detroit doesn't shock me anymore.... but I wish they'd stop it.... or just burn abandoned crack houses....

An assistant AG in Michigan has been harassing and bullying a gay student at U-M..both in person and on his blog. It's about time he be investigated and disbarred.... this has just got to stop.

                                                         entertainment....

Tomorrow night is the first episode (of 6) of The Walking Dead  on AMC. Watch it... unless you are like me and are terrified of Zombies (and clowns, but that's for another post) I will try to put aside the irrational fear of zombies and watch the show- if only so I can myself survive the (upcoming) zombie Apocalypse.

If you are in Austin Texas.. make sure you go to 6th street. I miss Halloween on 6th street so much!!
                    
Gretchen DID NOT deserve to win, Mondo did. Her clothes were horrifiyingly ugly- even for birki wearing pot heads. His clothes were tasteful, fashion forward and exciting.  I don't think I will be able to watch Runway again... obviously the judges "taste level" leaves something to be desired.

Marie-Claire magazine doesn't think fat people should kiss in public- especially not on TV....

Apartment Therapy changed their 8 week home cure into a 4 week mini cure... well I don't know what to call it. The first video he showed was himself vacuming his house. I know how to vaccume, I know how to dust, to make myself a list... I am not learning one thing now and have stopped even going to the website.  I guess I'm on my own now, but since I know HOW to clean my house, how to make a list of things to fix, and what I like to see in my own home- I am OK.  I do not like the shortened format and I think it speaks poorly of people that they can't finish an 8 week project in their own home......

and finally- a shameless plug for my sons halloween post !


have a great weekend and a happy Halloween

No comments: