6/21/10

Live where you love - architecture styles

I think that there is a house style out there for everyone- especially in older sections of cities or smaller towns. I lived in a typical suburban sprawl setting for three years- every house was similar if not the same. It was depressing to say the least, but it was clean. Add to that the HOA "rules and regulations" and and it was a boring place to live. McMansion central, but it had no soul, no heart.

I love houses with history, with attitude. I also love houses that make sense to the area and to their neighbors. I believe you should live in as large a house as you need, with as much land as you can handle without wasted extra space... For some that might be an apartment in the city- for others a 50 acre horse farm. Live where you love.


I love craftsmen style homes. Updated or not... the above pic is from digdigs


this one is from my old home town....
so is this one. What makes this house great is the water access...
I also love modern ranch style houses. This one is from Apartment Therapy- but you see these every once in a while. Most ranches (like my own) are not nearly this modern and cool though...


These are from Cote de Texas.  It's a fantastic blog...I think these houses might be in Houston, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I do love these little bungalow/cottages...


but, being a farmers daughter, I do love a farmhouse with a great wrap around porch...
the only thing better in my mind is a Texas farm house, with Austin limestone.  I miss these houses every day. The color of the limestone with the wood and a metal roof- heavenly.

No comments: