2/20/10

my 99 items I ought to have done

The Mr. is watching  American Pickers on tv and that show annoys the hell out of me--so I'm going to do Wendes (Hammies) list.....


1. Started your own blog.   Yes, you are reading it. 
2.Slept under the stars - once, I won't do it again.
3. Played in a band

4.Visited Hawaii

5.Watched a meteor shower  ( I have seen many actually- I live in the sticks.)


6.Given more than you can afford to charity


7.Been to Disneyland  (does Disneyworld count? cause I've been there a dozen times..)


8.Climbed a mountain - yes, in Alaska

9.Held a praying mantis--yep, I wasn't afraid of bugs growing up...


10. Sang a solo --yes, in a church programs growing up for Christmas...
11. Bungee jumped , yes, when I thought I could live forever...

12.Visited Paris

13.Watched a thunder and lightning storm --every chance I get...


14.Taught yourself an art from scratch- I think it's the only way to learn...

15.Adopted a child

16.Had food poisoning (from eggs- I wanted to die...)

17.Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty

18. Grown your own vegetables - I have a veggie garden that last year was awful... still got some veggies though..

19.Seen the Mona Lisa in France

20 Slept on an overnight train - I haven't been on a train...
21. Had a pillow fight --who hasn't??

22. Hitch hiked   not just no-but HELL NO

23 Taken a sick day when you’re not ill - do mental health days count??


24.Built a snow fort-every year growing up...
25 Held a lamb - I have held a baby cow and a goat, but never a lamb...

26 Gone skinny dipping
27 Run a Marathon -- I ran track in HS but haven't done much running in the past 15 years or so..

28 Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29 Seen a total eclipse - yes, it was hard NOT to look at the sun....


30 Watched a sunrise or sunset  every day for the past 20 years or so...
31Hit a home run-- yes, I was on a co ed team for my hotel in Austin...
32Been on a cruise

33 Seen Niagara Falls in person

34Visited the birthplace of your ancestors --yes, see below...
35 Seen an Amish community --yes, see above. Plus,it's where we spent part of our summers every year


36 Taught yourself a new language-- it's the only way I could have ever talked to the maids at my hotel...
37 Had enough money to be truly satisfied

38.Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39 Gone rock climbing --the good thing about living in Texas and Arizona- lots of rocks...

40 Seen Michelangelo’s David

41 Sung karaoke --sad to say yes, the bar we went to after work had Karaoke. A few beers and I've been known to sing out loud before...
42 Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43 Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant

44 Visited Africa

45 Walked on a beach by moonlight --yes, I love the beach but it's not all that safe now...


46 Been transported in an ambulance --yes, after the roll over accident I got that honor...


47 Had your portrait painted -yes, an artist friend of mine painted it for Christmas one year...

48 Gone deep sea fishing

49 Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50 Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris 
51 Gone scuba diving or snorkeling --snorkeling, not scuba.


52 Kissed in the rain - yes after a motorcycle ride in the rain...
53. Played in the mud -does gardening count? Yes, for me it does...


54 Gone to a drive-in theater -even helped people to sneak in. Our drive in blew away in a tornado years ago..


55. Been in a movie --yes, a few when I lived in Austin. Crowd scenes only though...

56 Visited the Great Wall of China

57 Started a business --does on line count? How about Etsy- because that I have done..

58 Taken a martial arts class

59 Visited Russia

60 Served at a soup kitchen- yes, we did a few times

61 Sold Girl Scout Cookies -nope, I was only a Brownie...
62 Gone whale watching -I saw whales from land in California, I wasn't exactly looking for whales though...


63 Got flowers for no reason (I agree w/ Hammie and Wende though -that there's always a reason)

64 Donated blood, platelets or plasma --I can't. First it was anemia, then the cancer, now back to the anemia..

65 Gone sky diving --again with the hell NO

66 Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67 Bounced a check 
68 Flown in a helicopter

69 Saved a favorite childhood toy --how bought saving a box of childhood toys- and my bank....


70.Visited the Lincoln Memorial - we went to Washington DC when I was a kid- we went everywhere..


71 Eaten caviar -yes, and I'm not a fan..

72 Pieced a quilt

73 Stood in Times Square
74 Toured the Everglades--drove through, did not tour

75 Been fired from a job
76 Seen the Changing of the Guards in London

77 Broken a bone -all the finger bones on my right hand playing volleyball in HS


78 Been a passenger on a motorcycle -yes, I had a boyfriend who drove one.


79 Seen the Grand Canyon in person - I love it best in the winter...

80 Published a book 

81 Visited the Vatican

82 Bought a brand new car - 3 so far, a Festiva in College and two jeep wranglers.

83 Walked in Jerusalem

84 Had your picture in the newspaper- a few times when I was a kid and then when I had the roll over accident. In a small town, this isn't very hard to get your picture in the paper.


85 Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86 Visited the White House - yes, when I went to DC


87 Killed and prepared an animal for eating-- fish growing up.. nothing bigger


88 Had chickenpox yes, when I was little..
89 Saved someone’s life

90 Sat on a jury. No one will ever want me on a jury. I am incapable of being openminded about things like this.
91 Met someone famous --many times. Even had conversations with some of them... we put up movie casts and bands at the hotel I worked at. Being the reservations manager had a lot of perks..
92 Joined a book club

93 Got a tattoo

94 Had a baby - his name is Max


95 Seen the Alamo in person - it's less impressive in person

96 Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97 Been involved in a law suit

98 Owned a cell phone--yes, I hate them.


99 Been stung by a bee - I'm allergic. Not grab an epi, but still pretty bad

Over 50%, not bad . I just have to stop being afraid to fly to get the rest done I guess...

1 comment:

drwende said...

So cool! I feel like I ought to start a spreadsheet of who's done what and look for patterns!