9/14/09

Herman Miller Shell chair project

This is a test for me. I got a cruddy, nasty disgusting Herman miller padded shell chair for free from my Mom. It was free to her too- left over at an auction. No on wanted it-for good reason. ICK.

I did a little googling, and found these are really hard to re do on your own. Professionals can charge 250 bucks to fix one. It's not worth 250.00. It's not worth 2.50. I figured I would try to fix it for less than 10 dollars. I have 4.97 into it so far. this is where I am now...





Before anything was done to it...
I stripped off the upholstery and trim...
leaving me with this- I scraped it off (it took a while and was really gross)

Then I decided that the gross grey/beige color couldn't stay either. So, I took off the bottom and



painted the shell white.


This is where I am now. I breathed in too many fumes today and I don't feel good tonight. Tomorrow is another day and I will try to fix the foam tomorrow.

2 comments:

scb said...

Fumes bad. The work you've done -- amazing!

Anne At Large said...

I can't wait to see how you do this! We have a hideous orange one of these at work and it is SO comfortable! Now I want to steal it!

Also, if I were you I would get a ventilator to wear when you do this kind of stuff. It really makes a difference fume-wise.