6/17/09

early summer pictures

The weather has been pretty horrid here. Cold, dreary. We had frost not long ago. But here is my front garden beds. If you remember I re did the second door beds last year. They were like this - the door that had no way to get to it-


The mr. removing the rotten wooden step and me tearing out all of the grass-
trying my hand at being a mason....

Well, this year this is what it looks like---





I added the triangle of plantings at the foreground and added more plantings. I also pulled some grasses and placed them in the yard with an old root the Mr. pulled out of the river.




Here is the front beds....


next up- pics of the new yard and back beds...

1 comment:

scb said...

That looks great! I love the grasses-and-root combination. And the flower beds look so good -- isn't it wonderful to see green grass and flowers??? We've had such a late spring, but now we're having summer weather. From one extreme to the other in just a few short days, it seems.

Thanks for sharing your garden!