3/19/09

Living room pictures-before and after the apartment therapy cures!

We moved in here 5 1/2 years ago. I didn't get a chance to do much except clean when we first moved- a month after getting here I had the car accident and 3 months after moving I got news about my touch of cancer. Of course, the bigger thing was Max came along 7 months after we moved in. I didn't do anything to the interiors until we had been here 10 months. I tackled the living room first.
This before- notice little Max on th sofa...and all his stuff (it sort of scares me that there are that many bottles out- but I think this was when he was chowing down and had more than one sometimes...
Here it is now...






Before- baby gear and all....


after. This is the boys corner for his art, coloring etc..



Here is the rest of the room as it is now......






that's it. For the cure this time around I have to put up the summer white curtains and change out the pillows and rug. I also have to fix the paint job in places and fix the back door.
Next update- bedroom....



5 comments:

Colleen said...

such dramatic improvements, though I do miss the green chairs!

thefarmersdaughter said...

the green chairs are still here- they are in the basement. Although, they are probably going to go in the garage sale this spring....

scb said...

Very dramatic improvements, I agree. I was trying to remember if I'd seen the wall of windows before -- I know the fireplace wall very well, but didn't recognize the other side of the room. (My brain has likely just slipped a cog. It happens...)

thefarmersdaughter said...

I usually can't get a good picture of the wall of windows. It's very bright and usually flashes out. Those windows overlook our river and watershed.

casapinka said...

Wowser, what a lovely metamorphosis. you should be so proud of yourself.