10/9/10

Tiny, itty bitty little bathrooms

I happen to have two tiny bathrooms in my house. No big bathrooms at all. The main bath is approx 6x8 (including the shower) the 1/2 bath is approx 6x4. A wall separates them from each other so maybe one day I will have one smallish  bathroom instead of two tiny ones.



Last winter the Mr. and I re did the larger of the two bathrooms....took out the toilet and put a new wax ring in, re did the floor and put in a new euro sink and vanity. I figured that even saving a foot of floor space would be useful in a space this small. Next we have to replace the shower enclosure. I have the room painted the same  color as the shower to try to open it up- and my accessories are white and dark brown. The floor is brown too..... it looks ok (WAY better than it used to....) but oh, is it dull. So, I went windows shopping today....

This is my entire main bathroom right now.... this is the right side when entering the door..

This is the left side when entering the door.....


Yes, tiny.

Here are some inspiration pictures I found....

This is from Jessica Helgerson. I love it, but don't feel I can do wallpaper in the bathroom due to the moisture....

This is fantastic, but he metal sink base gives me NO storage and I'm not crazy about seeing pipes...but with a euro cabinet I think I would love this look.

This one and the one below are my favorites. Yes, the examples are too large, but I could find smaller, single cabinets that are similar..I love the walk in shower above....

and I love the mirror and floor in this this room....


I love this room, but the wainscoting wouldn't work with my family of boys (and neither would that rug!) and we have a septic...so baths aren't a common thing in my house. A shower is what we need.

so I came away with...not much. I find I like my bathrooms more traditional. I like tile more than wood. I prefer a single sink than a double. Even if we did have a bigger bathroom, I would never use it with anyone else. ICK.....I love my husband, but I don't want to brush my teeth with him! mostly, though, most pictures of bathrooms show huge mega mcmansion bathrooms or ugly before pictures of bathrooms. Looks like I'm on my own.

have a happy weekend....

No comments: