12/9/09

I miss Texas on days like this....




Blizzard last night, a "snow event" is scheduled for every day for the next 7. We got somewhere around 6-8 inches of wet, super heavy snow last night. Everything is closed. I got my car dug out finally this morning- but it's snowing again, so who knows how long that will last.


I went to the store yesterday though, and along with everyone else in the state, we stocked up. Water, food, etc... even charcoal so that if we lose power we can still eat hot food.




Fun huh?

3 comments:

Mella DP said...

We're getting the milder end of that system - yesterday's and Monday's snow was light and fluffy, but today's is pretty ick. Single-digit high forecast for tomorrow, so I suppose the ick will turn into a 4" sheet of ice. Hope you do keep power, etc.

Anne At Large said...

I hear ya. We've been getting record lows so what snow there is is frozen solid now. It was like -4 this morning here. I'm glad you sound prepared, but I hope you won't need to be.

thefarmersdaughter said...

day two and we have another 5 in ches or so- but this is light fluffy snow. It's so very cold though- that clipper went through and we're getting lake effect snow in big waves.
no school day 2!